MIDI program changes in a MIDI file.

JR#97

I've got a MIDI file that has program/patch changes in the data. Is there way I can delete those changes so that I can use my own without them getting changed?

ANy MIDI sequencer should allow you to delete any MIDI event at all, including program changes.

AlChuck said:
ANy MIDI sequencer should allow you to delete any MIDI event at all, including program changes.

I pretty much figured that. Where do you typically see the program change info? The only place I've seen any event data in Nuendo is in the piano roll. I"m guessing that's not it since all I see is note data. I'm also guessing it would probably be easier in a better MIDI application than Nuendo.

Not sure how to see them in Nuendo, but in Cakewalk, you can see them in Event List. Does Nuendo have this feature or similiar ?

You probably have to Filter or turn on a View to see specific controller data. A lot of times in the Event List or piano roll there is some type of pulldown menu or selection for the controller number to determine what it shows. I don't recall what number Program Changes are and I don't use Nuendo so I can't be more specific, sorry.

MIDI Program Changes is standard registered parameter. Some certain devices use CC 0 and CC 32. So if you find that with your Controller View / editor you can spot them... ;)

Back