MIDI Problems

bigtom

Ok guys, Using cubase 4 and a firepod I recorded a audio track and a midi track at the same time using a Yamaha S90. This worked great as I could go back in the midi track and fix what notes were out of time or were just wrong notes to begin with. I deleted the original piano audio track and I then set up two tracks to record a stereo out from the S90. Midi out on firepod to midi in to S90. This worked great. Just pressed record and the midi told the S90 what to play.

Now the problem. I set all this up again, recorded a midi track and a audio organ track at the same time. Every thing is there but I can't get the midi to come back out of cubase. It won't send the midi out to the Firepod to the S90. It seems to play an internal piano patch. On the inspector, just above where the drum map thing is, there is something there that says off and you can change this from 1 thru 128 and it will change the sounds,but it will not send the signal out.

The midi track is set to IN not connected/ OUT firepod midi out. My only options out are Not Connected, Microsoft wave synth( I think that's what it says) or Firepod Midi Out. I think it should be the Firepod Midi Out but either one gives me that awful internal piano sound. I've spent about six hours on this with no luck. I can record midi, just can't send it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Big Tom

This problem is the no 1 beginners problem.

The sound you hear is the standard Windows midi synth, the Microsoft wave synth, which is awfull.

Go to devices/device set up and make sure your Asio driver of the firepod is selected and the right midi channels are activated.

Probably you switched your computer on and than your audio interface, because than this happens.

Cheers
wim

This problem is the no 1 beginners problem.

The sound you hear is the standard Windows midi synth, the Microsoft wave synth, which is awfull.

Go to devices/device set up and make sure your Asio driver of the firepod is selected and the right midi channels are activated.

Probably you switched your computer on and than your audio interface, because than this happens.

Cheers
wim

Thanks so much,

I swear I did the devices check yesterday and it made no difference, but today it seemed to work out fine. I ticked the FirePod midi in and out and disabled the microwave synth. The funny thing is if I use the wrong midi channel to send, it still plays the Micro synth even thou it is disabled. I don't understand that.

I always turn on the computer and then the Firepod. If I turn the FirePod on first the computer does something weird. I don't remember what the computer does as I have been turning it on first for over 2 years now.

Thank you so much for your help,
Big Tom Perkins

Back