MIDI playback sounds muffled

themackyo

Hi,

I am having an issue I am only using a MIDI keyboard into cubase LE 6. As I am playing and recording what I hear sounds fine, When I hit play and listen to what I just recorded some of the notes or chords sound muffled and some times the notes sound "sharp" not in terms of pitch (not a half step up) but in terms of tone, Like it sounds like it only recorded the top end of the note so it doesn't sound full or complete. It doesn't happen with every note I played just some but it makes the recording sound like trash. Is this a processing power thing ? I am running a gaming rig with more than enough power to be recording. Has anyone had this issue before or does anyone have ideas to fix it ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt.

I have a KA6 originally I had it coming out of the interface but that produced some crackles that I just can't seem to get rid of, I have it now coming through my computer which the sounds are generated from the cubase acoustic piano and using AISO V2 drivers.

So I have discovered that if I have my keyboard plugged into my KA6 interface with a MIDI cable it has this problem If I USB my keyboard into my computer it does not have this problem. Does this sound like my interface is bad ?

Hello,

That is a good interface, why are you using ASIO for all and not the dedicated drivers of the interface?
Have you tried the interface on a different computer.
I might say that something might be interfering with the ASIO driver.
Try DPC Latency Checker and LatencyMon to scan your system.

Best regards,
GN

Back