Midi over Pro Tools

Joseph Hanna

Thinking of using Reaper for midi comp on a spare PC I have.

Could someone, specifically, outline some of the advantages Reaper Midi has over Pro Tools??

Thanks!!

I dont know if reaper's midi is better than pt's

The main reason I see pt guys using reaper for midi is that fact that it can do offline renders, so they dont have to spend all day rendering virtual instruments in realtime

sort of

its kind of like PT's bounce to disk. Most native apps can do this faster than realtime, so in the interests of time, unless you can charge for it, the PT user will send the tracks to another app to render

sort of

its kind of like PT's bounce to disk. Most native apps can do this faster than realtime, so in the interests of time, unless you can charge for it, the PT user will send the tracks to another app to render

Charge for it??? The PT user will send tracks to another application???? Perhaps I'm tired but this sounds like dialog from reefer madness.

I've done ok getting paid for things I've done in the last 10 years but I've no idea what or how this relates to Pro Tools midi-vs- Reaper midi.

Have you've been drinking my friend??? :) :)

Last edited:
A client won't always pay by the hour for you to do things like rendering virtual instruments in real time.

In the interests of time, sending all the midi over to be rendered at faster than realtime speeds can have drastic economic advantages.

Search "rearoute" or "shan" over at the Digidesign Users Conference forum and they'll spell it out for you better

Back