MIDI out

MrSong

I'm used to be able to get my SB Audigy Sound card to MIDI up with my Roland VS-1880. But, after I got a new WinXP computer it doens't seem to work. In a nutshell- I'm trying to sync ACID 4.0 using MTC with my Roland VS-1880

At this frustrated point, I'm not even sure what the settings need to be.

I've included a screenshot of the MIDI tab & Sync TAB within ACID in case anyone has any ideas.

Thanks in advance!

C

Attachments

• screenshot_acid4.jpg
    screenshot_acid4.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 52
Well, I never did it before, nor using your card and application, so please bear with me... based on the picture, I found something strange here... have a look at the notes on Sync tab..

"The MIDI Time code generation can't be shared with playback device... etc etc..."

So, if you use the output port for MTC, then you shouldn't use it for playback device (in MIDI tab)...

Second thought, why would you generate MTC clock setting to SB Synth A ? I think it's soundfonts playback port...?

I'm not realy sure, just a thought...

;)
Jaymz

Thanks for the reply James,

Since you posted, I was able to get a MIDI signal to the keyboard. I just changed MIDI Outport to (2)II and left the other at (1)I. You can see this from this screen shot page I created: http://www.triplogy.com/ACID_001.htm

But now there is an extremely bizarre problem: The keyboard(Slave) plays back at about 1/4 the speed. The keyboard doesn't show as a different BMP—as a matter of fact it is set up as slave so it shoudn't matter what the BMP is on the keyboard.

In other words, when the ACID file starts playing.. it reaches measure 7 or 8 before the keyboard even finishes its first measure.

Do you have an idea what may be causeing this? I have updated the latest Audigy drivers and I'm at wits' end.

Thanks!
C

one more thing, in repsonse to:
"Second thought, why would you generate MTC clock setting to SB Synth A ? I think it's soundfonts playback port...?"

I wouldn't have done this upon first look, but as I wasn't getting a MIDI OUT signal... for some reason (perhaps nothing other than dumb luck)... I selected them all... and it start at least sending MIDI signal. Beats the $hit out of me.

Back