Midi Notes/sound sticking - or - sustaining while using LMMS program

AshleyOnly

Hello All!! Question here!

I am a MIDI newbie in every since of the word!!
I have a connected my Yamaha YPT-310 keyboard to my laptop. I have connected my MIO usb interface from my keyboard ports to the laptop.
I have opened LMMS recording program and used open the Midi capability and installed the drivers.

When I attempt to use the VST Instruments from LMMS, those notes are sticking/sustaining.
I only press a midi key and sometimes it will be a delay or a note that is sticking or sustained.

How can I prevent this?

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Please reply here or email- ItsAshleyOnly@gmail.com

FYI.... In forums such as this it's considered poor etiquette to post in multiple threads the same question........ :(

But to your question.....
I have neither your keyboard nor the LMMS program (although may give it a try). I'm guessing you have both MIDI cables plugged into the keyboard. Some keyboards have the ability to take what comes into a MIDI port and resend the data to the MIDI out port (MIDI THRU). If somehow the software is looping the MIDI data it receives back to the keyboards MIDI in, possibly there is a loop causing retriggering/sustaining of notes in the VST. This is just a guess :rolleyes:. Try unplugging the MIDI cable that goes to the MIDI IN of the keyboard, which would break the loop and see how that goes. If that fixes it, then explore the software's MIDI settings and see if you can find something that might loop the MIDI in and out. I glanced at the keyboard manual and didn't readily see a reference to MIDI THRU or similar, although it could be in there somewhere.

Back