MIDI notes showing up during recording ?!?

moskus

The Creator of Æ, Ø and Å
I've used Cakewalk-products for a long time. And one thing I am/was sure about is that Cakewalk products doesen't show you the recorded data (either audio or MIDI, whatever) during recording.

Some people tell me that they can get the MIDI-notes to show up in the Piano Roll during recording (using Sonar 1). I can't remeber seeing that happen, and if it was so, then why the h*ll did they take that feature away from Sonar 2?!?!?

Anybody confirm this? Do the MIDI-data show up during recording? :confused:

Maybe they're doing step recording???

I don't see realtime recorded data (MIDI or audio) until after I stop recording in my HS2002.

Step-recording, eh? ;) Maybe, but I don't think so...

Any other takers? What about Sonar 1, PA9, and Cakewalk Pro 3 (James)?

I'm sure I used to see recorded notes (in different color), but I can't remember which version it was. Maybe this is related to the video system?

Was that before or after you hit stop? ;)

And I don't see how it's related to the video-system (I presume you meen the card used for your monitor, right?).

moskus said:
I've used Cakewalk-products for a long time. And one thing I am/was sure about is that Cakewalk products doesen't show you the recorded data (either audio or MIDI, whatever) during recording.

Some people tell me that they can get the MIDI-notes to show up in the Piano Roll during recording (using Sonar 1). I can't remeber seeing that happen, and if it was so, then why the h*ll did they take that feature away from Sonar 2?!?!?

Anybody confirm this? Do the MIDI-data show up during recording? :confused:

I get the MIDI data in Sonar 2.0XL to appear as I record, but only in the Piano Roll, not in the Staff View, Eventlist or anywhere else. The audio does not show up during recording. It was the same with Pro Audio 9.03.

Re: Re: MIDI notes showing up during recording ?!?

Noctem said:
I get the MIDI data in Sonar 2.0XL to appear as I record, but only in the Piano Roll
What is your MIDI equipment? Maybe it has something to do with that...

Back