MIDI mixdown won't work

dirk_demon

Hi there!

I have a TASCAM 424 mkII and a PC with Cubase VST 24. I want to mixdown my songs (wich I recorded on the TASCAM) to my PC, so I can edit them a little and burn them on a CD. I know I can probably record to the PC direct, so without the TASCAM, but I'm fairly new to computer recording and I don't want to re-record all my songs just to get them in the PC.

Here's my problem: when I run the TASCAM through the synchronizer (Anatek) to the PC Cubase will only record the MIDI signal coming from the sync. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I have all settings on my TASCAM according to the manual (MON switches to the right, all other off, track 4 to buss R, DBX off, etc.) Does anyone know what the problem is or how to do it otherwise so that it will work?

Thanks so much for your replies!
Dirk Demon

You have to enable the audio inputs/outputs from the "VST Input" panel...

Then you need to create 4 audio tracks and set record enable them.

Open the "VST Channel Mixer 1" panel, and you'll have to select which input the track is coming from.

If you've got all the settings right, you should be hearing audio even without recording (assuming you have "direct monitoring" enabled in the Cubase Audio Setup control panel)

Bruce

Back