Midi Loops

gamut1

Does anyone know of a place to get some good midi drum loops? Standard beats and fills , trying to work with some midi loops as well as the acid wave loops... thanks for the help all..

Just do a google search for midi drums and you'll find a zillion different listings. Many years ago I used Band in a box and there are a lot useful drum patterns available at their site if you down load the demos of the "styles" you can later cut and paste the the drum files to suit the song you're working on. (P.G. Music)
Another good option is to use .wav files for drums. At sample net.com they have tons of useful drum files in a variety of styles and speeds. Continue searching and you will find many more sample sites.
and don't forget that cakewalk has a midi effect called session drummer which has a lot of useful midi drum patterns rolls etc.
hope this helps.

Thanks for the good info Kennedy, I did find the session drummer in Sonar and played around with it.... its really kinda cool. I have always worked with midi , am kinda new to wav's but they do sound very good. Its just that sometimes for me its easier to alter a pattern to get just what I want, and I'm not that good at cuttin up the wav's yet. Thanks for the post. And J I'm using a Soundblaster live card right now for my internal midi sounds. I still need to work with soundfonts some more and get a better grip on what all they will do. Thanks again all for the help, some of this stuff I don't think any one person could ever find. ya'll are great .

hi gamut,
have you tried programming some of your own beats on a midi keyboard?.....midi drum files can work well if you take the pain to edit and arrange everything...i've used some of the drumtrax files from Vamtech..i'm using BATTERY with SONAR instead of soundfonts....i've used session drummer, and i was actually impressed with it...it loaded all the drumtrax files......however, i'm really tired of using any kind of preprogrammed beat.....i'm planning to get the Roland spd6 and see how that works out.

Back