midi latency

Milkman

Hey Everybody.

I'm having a problem with midi latency. It happen in both Reason and Sonar. It's really messing me up because I'm trying to play stuff in on my keyboard, but the actual sound reacts at least a 32 note late (at slow tempo). I'm using an Audiophile 2496 and roland keyboard. I have a decent computer...AMD Athlon XP 2000, 256 MB Ram etc. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Milkman

Hey sscientist,

Thanks for the reply. Excuse my ignorance, but how do I go abouts changing to the ASIO driver in Reason? Will that help in Sonar too?

Thanks!

Milkman

I'm not sure about Sonar. The last time I looked they had an alternative to ASIO - someone in the Cakewalk forum would be sure to know.

In Reason, go to the Edit menu and select 'preferences'. Under 'audio' is where you'll find the place to change it to ASIO.

Thanks sscientist. I just tried changing it to ASIO, but this just caused a bunch of buzzing/distorted signal.

I was also running Sonar...using Reason as a Rewire instrument. I'll try it again. Maybe I just need more RAM to run both simultaneously with no latency.

Thanks.

Edit: Thanks a lot sscientist! We're in business.

Last edited:
Back