Midi Keyboard Around £100?

danielholgate

Basically, im starting a Music Production Course at college very soon, and i need to get myself a Midi Keyboard..., im not looking for anything amazing, just the possible best in my price range, i dont need anything major because, the college has all i need to do there, just want something i can do at home while im not at college, i have midi input and also USB (obviously), but please help me out guys!! :D, couldn't appreciate it more! :)

I'm no expert at all, but when you said you have "midi input and also usb" what did you mean exactly? di you mean you had that on your laptop/desktop?

If you are looking for something portable which you can easily take to college, I suggest the Akai MPK or LPK25 controller...they are great. I actually have one I take to college too. Both are under £100

Midi Keyboard

controller
Actually, a thought struck me. The term "MIDI keyboard" could be a little confusing {I was going to say 'misleading' but I don't want to make it seem like I think it's deliberate and I don't want a fight ;)}. There are essentially two kinds of MIDI keyboards, there's the kind that contain sounds and can be anything from El cheapo to very expensive 88 weighted key jobs that gigging pros use. They happen to be usable to simply input MIDI data as well as playable in real time either with their own sounds or connected to VSTis {virtual instruments/samples/loops}.
Then there's the MIDI controller keyboard or dummy keyboard which has no sound {though, confusingly, some may contain the 128 standard shitty sounds or may not} and which is used in the DAW to input MIDI data. These can be connected to VSTis and then played in real time. These are much cheaper and are more often than not the staple of the homerecorder that uses VSTis and isn't a keyboard player. Generally lighter and easilly portable.mkeymain copy.jpg

Back