midi interface

Modern_Talking

Greeting!

How do you route the bass track (Ch #2 track #2) in the sequencer (Cakewalk 9) to play the bass sound only from my JV1010 module and the rest of the sounds to be played through the Motif ES minus the bass sound.

I just bought my Midisport 4x4 interface and hooked everything up, but I still here the same sounds that the motif is playing, being played also from the jv1010.

just need to cut the bass out from the Motif and let it play through the jv1010 solo by itself and no other sounds.

My Audiophine 2496 Midi out is going into Midipost Midi in #1
Motif's Midi out is going into Midisport Midi In #2
JV1010 Midi out is going into Midisport Midi In #3
Keyboard Controller Midi out going into Midi In #4
USB cable connects from Midisport to computer

Do I have to set the Midi receiving channel on both the sound modules and do they have to be the same or different and do i have to set any parameters in the software or anything.

thanks.

My Audiophine 2496 Midi out is going into Midipost Midi in #1

Nope. Not needed. Disconnect that and free up the port

Motif's Midi out is going into Midisport Midi In #2
JV1010 Midi out is going into Midisport Midi In #3
Keyboard Controller Midi out going into Midi In #4
USB cable connects from Midisport to computer

What keyboard controller do you have? If it is usb (most are) you do not need to plug that into the midisport either.

Now your problem lies with the fact that you do not have your Midisport Midi outs connected to anything so:

Midi sport Midi Out #2 should go into the Motifs midi IN
Midi sport Midi Out #3 should go into the JV midi IN

Now in the sequencer, anything routed to #3 will only got to the JV and #2 will go to the motif. Are you using the Motif sequencer? I'm not sure how you are getting any sounds with no midi in connected

altitude909 said:
Nope. Not needed. Disconnect that and free up the port
Thanks for the reply bro!
Good . . . . Now I can have 1 more free and can hook up my other sound module to that port. . . . .

What keyboard controller do you have? If it is usb (most are) you do not need to plug that into the midisport either.

I have a Edirol 61 keyboard controller and the midi out from the leyboard is hooked up to midisport midi in#4 . And yes the controller does have a usb connect but nothing is connected yet. I only use the midi out on the controller.

Now your problem lies with the fact that you do not have your Midisport Midi outs connected to anything so:

Midi sport Midi Out #2 should go into the Motifs midi IN
Midi sport Midi Out #3 should go into the JV midi IN

Oppssss . . . . Sorry, I forgot to mention that. Yes, I have it this way too like you mention above. . .

Now in the sequencer, anything routed to #3 will only got to the JV and #2 will go to the motif. Are you using the Motif sequencer? I'm not sure how you are getting any sounds with no midi in connected

Now this is where I am confuesed. Where in the sequencer would you setup the routing. And no, I'm using the Rack ES so as it doesn't have an onboard sequencer. I am using cakewalk 9 as my sequencing software. Someone mentioned that I have to set some parameters on both the sound modules. Like midi receiving ch or something like that . . . So, I'm totally lost. :confused:

thanks

I dont use sonar so I cant really be specific but the general idea that each part is on its own track (is this how you have it?) Then each track is routed out to the correct midi port on the channel where the synth is listening for each instrument. So all u should need to do is to change the midi out port for the bassline track.

If you able to playback mutiple patches at once from the motif then your setup is OK.

altitude909 said:
I dont use sonar so I cant really be specific but the general idea that each part is on its own track (is this how you have it?) Then each track is routed out to the correct midi port on the channel where the synth is listening for each instrument. So all u should need to do is to change the midi out port for the bassline track

Alright bro!
I'm going to play around with this a little more. And yes, I do have each instrument or part on its own channels.

Now, let me get this correct to my understanding . . . .

I take it, since i have a 4x4 midi sport, it supports up to 64 channls.

Now if I have my motif conected to midisport #1 and jv to midi #2 would that mean, 1 to 16 channels are for the motif and 17 to 32 are for the jv and 33 to 48 are for another sound module and so on.

thanks. . .

Yes and no. There is no midi ch 64. Each midi port has 16 midi channels so think of it as Port A/Ch X where x will be 1-16 for all ports

altitude909 said:
Yes and no. There is no midi ch 64. Each midi port has 16 midi channels so think of it as Port A/Ch X where x will be 1-16 for all ports

hey bro!
Thnaks for the reply. . Ya, I figured out the problem. . . . You were right, It was the port setting in the software. . . . I changed it to Port "b" and now everything is fine but now I have another problem . . . Great amount of hum noise coming out form the mixing board. . . . I will use another forum for this question and seek suggestions. . . .

But thanks for the help .

Back