MIDI Help

wcerf

Yo,

I have an MPC 200xl, triton le, and mo phatt rack. how would I midi these together. I normally use the triton and mpc via midi and records my tracks in the mpc. Now I want to use the sounds in the mo phatt and control them with the triton and record them in the mpc. Please advise.

Thanks

Yo,

I have an MPC 200xl, triton le, and mo phatt rack. how would I midi these together. I normally use the triton and mpc via midi and records my tracks in the mpc. Now I want to use the sounds in the mo phatt and control them with the triton and record them in the mpc. Please advise.

Thanks

ummmm...i rarely post in the keyboard forum, so i'm not sure why you sent me a private message with the exact same text as your post. if someone here feels like helping you, i'm sure they will. how many people did you send this to as a pm? :confused::rolleyes:

RE: midi help

I want to use the sounds in the mo phatt and control them with the triton and record them in the mpc.

Let's see if I can get you going.
1) Plug Triton midi out to Mo Phatt midi in.
2) Plug your Mo Phatt audio/line out to MPC audio/line in.
3) Plug your MPC audio/line out into your monitoring system.
4) Select which midi channel you want to send data from Triton and which channel on Mo Phatt will receive that data. For now I would just go 1 to 1, unless you are sending drum sounds. In that case, set Mo Phatt to receive on channel 10. The Triton only selects which drum patch you would be sending.
5) Assuming you are not recording drums yet, as you scroll through patches on the Triton, the patches on the Mo Phatt should also change correspondingly.
6) Simplest version: hit record on MPC and start playing.

Now if you want to control everything with the push of a button on the Triton or by pedal...

7) On the MPC go into your system settings (check your manual) and set the clock for external or slave.
8) Plug a cable from midi thru on Mo Phatt to midi in on MPC.
9) System settings on Mo Phatt set midi echo to thru.
10) Plug a Sustain Pedal into pedal jack on Triton. If you need your pedal for sustain/sostenuto, ignore number 11, and just activate recording with a Key or push button on Triton. (check manual)
11) System settings on Triton set pedal for start/stop.
12) Set MPC to record, push play on MPC, (It should be in standby mode, waiting for a start command.
13) When you're ready to start recording, step on pedal and release it. Step on pedal again. MPC will drop out of recording mode. When you step on the pedal again, you should hear playback of what you just recorded.

Hope this helps! Have fun!

Back