MIDI from Vdrums into CEP ?

PinkFloyd

Hi Everyone

I've just got a trial version of CEP v 2.0 and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to recored MIDI data from the Roland TD8 into it?

What I want to do is record a pattern into CEP, and then if I later decide I want to change the kits sounds, use the MIDI data to trigger the TD8 and record the new sounds, with the old pattern

I've never used any PC based softward before and any help is much appreciated.

Thanks !

PF

I don't think you can do that with CEP. CEP can play back midi files, but can't record them. So you'll have to do the recording in a different program first and then export to CEP.

Thanks Dakota

Do you know of any free software that can record MIDI?

I don't wanna spend anything as all my recordings are done on the TASCAM 788 and I only need this one function!

midis have very poor quality sound anyways, using midis is like using the ring tone off a cell phone for your lead track... my opinion at least

Myniecechloe.........

You are very very mistaken. Although playing back midi files through a cheap soundcard leaves something to be desired, midi is an incredibly powerful tool when it tells the right instruments what to do. It is used everyday all over the globe by music producers and programmers.

Learn it, and love it.

Back