MIDI Editing in Abelton

batchmister1

I like the "instrument tracks" in Pro Tools 7... They give you the ability to record MIDI data from my external synthesizer that can be played back as Midi & audio (without having to record the audio). Does Ableton have tracks like that, or can I accomplish the same thing in their Piano Roll?

appreciate the help

you can record an external synth as a midi track not just an audio track..if thats what youre asking ;)

that's not what I'm asking. After having recorded the MIDI track only, would I be able to play it back as long as my keyboard MIDI was hooked up to the program?

To put it another way. Are their any tracks in Abelton that allow you to play MIDI & audio at the same time (within one track) That's what Pro Tools... instrument track do.

im still dont not 100% sure what you are asking??

It plays everything within one track...there is no distinction

My JV is triggered by abletons midi...if i want a separate audio track i just open one and route it to the midi track...it doesnt do it automatically nor do I want it too, I generally get the sound im looking from the JV then freeze and flatten it (bounce it) but I can have it as two separate tracks if I wish...

Back