midi drums - Ezdrummer?

Opivy

Nova Police
So, I've been having a lot of fun playing with the midi "Drum editor" as it seems simplest to me -

But if it was possible to add some swing into a beat I create on here?

secondly

I've only recently got ezdrummer, and started dragging and dropping some beats I like - But continued to remove cymbals and what not.

But I wanted to add the cymbal right when the snare hits at the end of one bard - and no matter how I quantize the grid - it's inbetween 2 lines that I can't place a little diamond on.

So, is this EZdrummer creating a beat that is impossible for me to do with the drum editor?

So, I've been having a lot of fun playing with the midi "Drum editor" as it seems simplest to me -

But if it was possible to add some swing into a beat I create on here?

secondly

I've only recently got ezdrummer, and started dragging and dropping some beats I like - But continued to remove cymbals and what not.

But I wanted to add the cymbal right when the snare hits at the end of one bard - and no matter how I quantize the grid - it's inbetween 2 lines that I can't place a little diamond on.

So, is this EZdrummer creating a beat that is impossible for me to do with the drum editor?

It's because the midi included with ez drummer was played by a person and is not perfectly quantized. When you add the cymbal note does it sound ok?

well it's being played just after the snare. I'd like to put it right ontop of it -

so - with this drum editor guy - is there a way to add swing ontop of it?

I know that the little fruity loops type thing has a little bar to do it. (can't remember what it's called right now)

nope. in the drum editor -

http://vid.firepixie.com/skitch/Cubase_LE-20090126-071234.jpg

Ez drummer is placing a diamond in between 2 lines - which makes me impossible to place anything at the exact same time as it. Although it allows me to quantize up to 64th notes - it's still ending up between two of the lines

I'm missing something here, all the notes are on lines... Also, you're quantizing to 1/4 notes, maybe yoiu can try 1/8 or 1/16 notes. That might give you what you're looking for.

Attachments

• Cubase_LE-20090126-071234.jpg
    Cubase_LE-20090126-071234.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 14
Back