Midi drum files for DR-008/Sonar

pennylink

Having worked strictly with drum loops for some time, I've finally discovered the beauty of the DR-008 drum sampler (along with Slicy and Fill-in Drummer) used with Drumkit From Hell samples in Sonar.

Is there anywhere to get free midi files to help me get started? I've looked at the ones that are included in DR-008/Slicy Drummer/Fill-In Drummer, but am looking for some more fills especially (Rock/Blues/R&B/Jazz genre).

I could program them from scratch, but since I'm not much of a drummer, any help would be appreciated.

Have you used session drummer?It includes quite a few files.
If you do a search on the web you can find all kinds 0f midi files.There are drum only files and regular files that can be stripped of the drum tracks.
These tracks can be cut,copied and pasted or even imported into session drummer for ease of use.
If you have Sonar 3 you can work with midi clips,which are the equivalent of groove clips only much more open ended.

acidrock said:
Have you used session drummer?It includes quite a few files.
If you do a search on the web you can find all kinds 0f midi files.There are drum only files and regular files that can be stripped of the drum tracks.
These tracks can be cut,copied and pasted or even imported into session drummer for ease of use.
If you have Sonar 3 you can work with midi clips,which are the equivalent of groove clips only much more open ended.
I've done a GOOGLE search and did come up with a handful of midi drum files (of mixed quality!) I use Sonar 2.2 at this point, so I can't use midi clips. I'll upgrade to Sonar 3 when my budget will allow for a new PC...

Is Session Drummer included in Sonar 2 or is it a separate application? I'm not at home right now, and I can't remember seeing Session Drummer anywhere :confused:

Thanks for the suggestions :)

I guess session drummer should be there. You insert is as a midi effect. Session drummer will hold its own sequence of drum patterns and play them along with the song. Unfortunately, it will not write a midi track with the sequence. This have to do yourself, picking out the patterns from the underlying midi drum files.

Don't forget that there are about a million different drum tracks in midi songs all over the web, if you here a great fill, you can easily extract it and use it in another song. Just a little thing that I have done in the past instead on trying to program a fill.

Back