MIDI Controllers with 3 wheels?

Synth2k

Hello everyone,

Would anyone happen to know of and recommend 88 key weighted controllers out there that have 3 wheels (1 pitch, 2 mod)? I had picked up an Oberheim MC3000, but had to return it after a lengthy battle with a store that was trying to sell me a used and damaged board for a new price.

I have also looked at the Peavey DPM C8X, although since I haven't had the opportunity to play on one, I am uncertain of whether or not it is good (or as good as the MC3000).

Are there other controllers out there that would equal say an MC3000 or DPM C8X that I am missing, or are those the only two with 3 wheels (sliders aren't all that important, but they would be nice). My other option would be to go used, drop the 3rd mod wheel and pick up a KX88. Thanks!

Ryan.

Why 2 mod wheels?

I don't know the other keyboards you mentionned or their price range. But I can really recommend the Roland A90. Very decent controller, 2 mod wheels (assignable, one pitch that moves back to it's centerposition, one mod), joystick for pitchbend and mod (also assignable, and moves back to it's center), and 4 assignable sliders...

It might be a bit dated, I'm sure there are some other controllers that can do more... But this is a good one, and the VERDI expansion board has got amazing piano, rhodes, wurly, vibes and some more sounds... Best I have heard so far. The organs suck big time.

Back