Midi controller

Dj17

I don't know if this is the right forum, but hopefully it is.

I'm using the Evolution MK-361C midi controller in Reason 2.5. I plugged it using the USB port, and it plays the notes, records them, etc. Everything is great on that level.

The problem is, none of the controls work properly (master volume, pitch bend, modulation, pan, release, sustain, etc.)

All of them play notes or simply cut the sound. They won't trigger anything in Reason. I used the Edit Remote Midi Mapping feature, but it doesn't do anything.

For all it might change, it used to work in Reason 2.0, Windows 98, on my P3. But now it doesn't.

Anyone had a problem like this before and managed to fix it?

Thanks a lot.

Just in case it's not the right forum... anyone knows where this post would be more appropriate?

This is the right forum.

I'm running Reason 2.5 on my laptop with an MAudio Oxygen 8 controller which, like your keyboard, connects via USB. The fix that springs to mind is to uninstall Reason, then install it again from scratch. Then go to the Evolution web site and download the most current drivers for your keyboard. Since you don't need to isolate which one solved your problem, do both at the same time and you should be set to once again enter the big cool world of full midi CC control of Reason!

If those two don't solve the problem post again and we'll have more suggestions for you.

Okay, I tried reinstalling Reason and...

Everything works fine :). Yay.

Thanks a LOT, ssscientist.

You resolved the problem quicker than Evolution themselves, hehehe.

Back