midi controller doesnt controll the midi!

Leandrusi

Hello, im trying to use a kawai mp6 as a midi controller on cubase 5 running on win 7 pro. Mp6 works just perfect with reason and aria player (a not so famous soft sampler), but cubase doesnt seem to like it :(

As you can see I have selected kawaimp6 as the midi in device, but It doesnt produce any midi activity in the red bar on the low right nor writes any notes when recording... so wtf is going on??

py8m.jpg
2mfz.jpg

Ive already tried:
-plugged in the controller before opening cubase
-updated kawai´s soft driver
-clicked "reset all devices" on the device manager
-checked mp6 was sending data in ch.1

Dont know what else to do, what do you guys think?

On your transport panel.

Directly to the left of the main audio meters is your midi I/O meters. Does it flash green when you hit notes on the controller?

Does it work when you change the midi channel from 1 (as is shown on your screenshot) to all?

Have you tried setting it up in the MIDI Device Manager either as a generic remote or a "Define New"?

Hello leandrusi,

I will recommend you to first download and install the latest maintenance update for Cubase 5.
You can also try to reset the MIDI, it is as simple as going to the MIDI menu, then click on reset, sometimes that does the trick.
If none of the above works then I will recommend you to delete the preferences of Cubase.

Best regards,
GN

On your transport panel.

Directly to the left of the main audio meters is your midi I/O meters. Does it flash green when you hit notes on the controller?

Does it work when you change the midi channel from 1 (as is shown on your screenshot) to all?

Hi! thank you for answering! Recently I dont know what I did (I think I restarted midi devices, as Ive already done many times before) but I got it to work, the midi i/o meters show activity and I can record in one midi track and send midi out to my kawai piano so it reproduces the secuence.
However Im not able to secuence more than just 1 track (I need at least 4), my piano seems to be unable to reproduce multitimbral secuences and Im having a nightmare trying to rewire reason to play the remaining tracks needed.
I got it to work fine 1 or 2 times, but now its imposible, I cant understand why it doesnt sound if its receiving midi data! take a look:

note on.jpg

Why is win 7 SOOOOOOOO DIFFICULT?

Can some one please help me on how to get my m-audio project mix i/o working with my computer. Im in need of some serious help with this

Hello caskrew,

Can some one please help me on how to get my m-audio project mix i/o working with my computer. Im in need of some serious help with this

I think you should open a new thread regarding this.
Regarding your problem I can only recommend you to make sure you have the latest drivers, and that the cables are working properly, have you tried the interface in another computer, does it works?

Best regards,
GN

Back