MIDI connections

I'm currently using the M-Audio 4 channel USB midi device but I'm having problems using it with FLStuio because it only supports one midi channel at a time. My delta-1010 has midi IO so I want to connect everything through the 1010 and do away with the 4x4.

My gear:

midi channel 1-Yamaha s80 w/ midi in/out/thru
midi channel 2-DPS24 with / midi in/out/thru
host - delta 1010 with midi in/out

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dennis

What's the question? There are 16 midi channels per midi cable. Hook up the keyboard IN/Out to the delta in/out. Take the Thru from the keyboard and hook that up to the In on the DSP24 (is that an effects unit?) to send it patch and controller info.

Thanks Tex !

The DPS24 is the AKAI DPS24 - 24 track recorder.

Here is what I'm trying to do:

Use the transports on my DPS24 to control FLStudio and be able to use my Yamaha S80 as a keyboard controller in FLstudio also. Currently FLstudio doesn't allow for multiple MIDI ports (M-Audio 4x4) so when I have everything hooked up via the 4x4 I can either use the DPS or the S80 but not both at the same time. My thinking was I could just use the Delta 1010s MIDI IO and patch the DPS24 and the S80 thru that port.

Last night I connected:

DPS24 Midi out -- > Delta1010 Midi In
DPS24 MIdi In --> Delta 1010 Midi out
S80 Midi out --> DPS24 midi thru

Unfortunately this didn't work. But I remembered this morning that the thru on the DPS24 has to be enabled and I'm not sure if it was or not. I'll check tonight.

Thanks
Dennis

You can only have one controller in a midi loop. The THRU is an output that passes on any signal that was orignally received on the IN but it will not add any new data from that device unless they have an option to merge the Out and Thru data.

You will need two midi In's or a MIDI merge box to use two controllers.

Thanks Mr Kill

I'm going to download the new Sonar demo tomorrow and hopefully that will work with two controllers and solve my little problem.

I appreciate your help.

Dennis

Back