Midi and Layla

rj

Ok...
Midi out of keyboard into Layla
Layla (out or thru?) into Sound Module(roland D110)
First question. How do I also plug in my boss drgroove drum machine?
2nd. When I am going Layla (OUT) to the sound module I hear PLAYBACK only, and My keyboard sound is dead.
But when I go Layla (THROUGH) into sound module, my PLAYBACK is dead and the Keys are alive with the frickin sound of music.
I Gotta repatch every time? I am Stupid? I am getting warmer?
I Know NOTHING about midi. Help me please!

Have you selected both the outputs and the inputs to your Layla in their (Echo) selection program?

umm.. did i mention I am stupid?
I think I already solved the last prob about midi playback. Actually laid some keys midi over some audio last night... I think I'm in the club now. Cool.
To add my drum machine do I just add it to the loop? In, out, etc.. Just like a tv/vcr/cable box?
But My dr groove Boss dr 202 wont play the correct parts. Is this because I need one of these --studio drivers?--mixermaps?--drummaps?--
I dont know.

umm.. did i mention I am stupid?
I think I already solved the last prob about midi playback. Actually laid some keys midi over some audio last night... I think I'm in the club now. Cool.
To add my drum machine do I just add it to the loop? In, out, etc.. Just like a tv/vcr/cable box?
But My dr groove Boss dr 202 wont play the correct parts. Is this because I need one of these --studio drivers?--mixermaps?--drummaps?--
I dont know.

Back