Midi advice

songwritten

Howdy All,
It's been quite a while since I've posted, but there's something on my mind and I can't really figure out the solution.

I'm going to be programming drums using Toontrack EzDrummer into Logic Express. My question is, should I buy a midi controller to construct the drum parts, or should I use a Midi Keyboard?

I'm not even sure if there are pros and cons to each, but i was just wondering what you use and why.

I may think about doing orchestration programming later on, but not anytime in the very near future.

Thanks for any info!

i'm a keyboard player and yet the thing i find hardest of all is getting a good feel on midi /vst drums... somehow it just doesnt work... so i'm thinking of going for a drum trigger pad.... the son of a buddy let me use his roland awhile back and it seemed to go smoother...

It just depends on what YOU like.

Personally, I use a Roland SPD-S. Not only a pad but a sampler as well AND you can load up samples on a CompactFlash card from your computer. Neat device..

For the first time , I feel like I can pull off decent drumtracks (although nothing TOO elaborate :D) since getting this, .....

http://www.sweetwater.com/images/items/PadKONTROL-large.jpg

...it comes with 230 megs of DFH Superior samples (super sounding!)....I've found that what I can't nail perfectly, just going into the piano roll of the MIDI track and moving a note forward or backwards works....

Back