Mic's on MD8 not loud enough!

10 Kslide

Why do I have to crank up the gain controls and faders to get my mic's loud enough to record drums on my yamaha MD8 mini disk recorder? When I do get them loud enough I have to add alot of effect's and eq to bring them up! Why is this happing? I'm using good mic's to?

I've been using mics and they work fine. Maybe your using mics that need phantom power turned on (I dont even know if that COULD be a problem since I've never used such a mic). The only other thing I can think of is maybe your slider is down, or grp master is turned down?
-Nilbog

Yo 10KSLIDER:

Point one: If your mics need phantom power, make sure you snap that switch on the back of the MD-8. [I also use the MD-8]

If you're running your mics through a mic processor, like the ART MP, the ART has a phantom power switch that must be engaged or you will get nada from you mic.

Point two: You have a mic gain knob for each input channel or each channel you want to record from one through eight; so, if you need a little bit more gain, use that knob which is at the top, or thereabouts, of each channel.

Point three: If none of the above works, something is awry with your connections or the Electric company has cut off your power due to non-payment.

Cheers,

Green Hornet

Back