microphone pres after mackies

Andybot

Hi,
I have been using a mackie with vlz presetc. I would like to start using a better preamp for vocals but have no idea which may be an improvement over the
mackie pres.

Any suggestions?

If it makes a difference the mics I generally use for vocals are CAD E-200 and a marshall v67g.

Thx

my first pres after the mackie were the sytek and i noticed a difference..space clears up and tracks sit nicer together in a rock mix..then when i got 1k channels i noticed a big improvement..things sounded natural and sat in a mix..

Andybot said:
Hi,
I have been using a mackie with vlz presetc. I would like to start using a better preamp for vocals but have no idea which may be an improvement over the
mackie pres.

Any suggestions?

If it makes a difference the mics I generally use for vocals are CAD E-200 and a marshall v67g.

Thx

If you're only interested in upgrading a vocal channel, you should check out channel strips. There are many under $1,000, some of which you would probably like more than your Mackie pre. Depending on your budget, you could look into high end strips, such as the Pendulum Audio Quartet, Millenia Media SST-1 or the Manley Vox Box.

Good luck.

pres

Thx for the info everyone.
I am curious about channel strips, how would this work with my mackie?
Are we talking about a strip from a larger board that can just be run on its own.
Thx

Andybot said:
Thx for the info everyone.
I am curious about channel strips, how would this work with my mackie?
Are we talking about a strip from a larger board that can just be run on its own.
Thx

Channel strips usually contain a mic pre, compressor, and eq all in one box. The Toft ATC-2 is one I'd consider. It has two channels of each for $1,000. The presonus Eureka and the Safesound are single channels for around $500.

http://www.mercenary.com/toaude.html

Back