microphone for voice and stringed inst.

Just my oppinion.....but 2 are better than one. I would buy 2 two NT1's and then have stereo capabillity. @ $200.00 each, you could use the rest for Pizza!

Sincerely;

Dom Franco

Dom - yup. What's your thinking on using different types of mics for stereo micing? For example, small condenser plus large condenser? One mic supplies what the other one lacks...

Man, I'm just in an article postin' mood !
Speaking of stereo micing . . . using different techniques . . . check this article out from E-musician. It's on micing acoustic guitars. Yeah, its old, but it has some pretty neat tips . . .

Article Here

Enjoy !
PAPicker

I second the suggestion for a Beyerdynamic ribbon mic. I bought an M500 about ten years ago that can still perform with the best of them.

You can in theory use any 2 microphones for "stereo", but It is also nice to have a pair of the same mics so that the signal will be balanced. I use pairs when recording the band or orchestra at the local high school. That way I don't have to guess at the EQ for each channel. I just use the same levels and flat EQ on both. The stereo image is awesome with the mics out front about 20 feet apart!

Sincerely;

Dom Franco

Back