Mic works, sound plays through headphones and FL Studio but nowhere else.

antoniokujo

Hello, I have a neewer nw 700 mic and a behringer UM2 interface. My mic works fine and it plays the sound back to my headphones when I click on ,, direct monitor `` on my interface. When I go on to FL studio I go to settings>audio and select FL STUDIO ASIO as my device under ASIO devices. Then I can use my mic propely, I just plug it to a channel and select ,, in 1 `` and then i can just use it propely, however i haven`t figured out how to make the mic work on discord or how to use it outside of FL studio, any help will be highly appreciated, if I can provide any additional information I`d be glad to. Also, I am new when it comes to configuring mics, etc so please try to use a vocabulary that I can understand.

Last edited:
Remember that direct monitor is a loop inside the interface so not anything the computer is doing. If you’re into vocabulary, then configuring is computer stuff. We don’t configure mics. If you got FL Studio to recognise the mic, and got the routing correct so you can see it, hear it and record it, then to use it in other software will be variations of the same process. Find the driver, select the input, select the destination then find out how that software works. Discord will be similar. It just needs to know which input you wish to use. I don’t use it so can’t help there I’m afraid. Feel free to ask specifics but you know the mic works so it’s just menus now.

I just looked in discord. Click on the cog (User Settings) on the bottom left of main page. Then select Voice and Video. There at the top of the next page you can select the input device. I would assume it would let you select your UM2. I don't have an interface connected to my office computer so I can't verify that.

Hello, I have a neewer nw 700 mic and a behringer UM2 interface. My mic works fine and it plays the sound back to my headphones when I click on ,, direct monitor `` on my interface. When I go on to FL studio I go to settings>audio and select FL STUDIO ASIO as my device under ASIO devices. Then I can use my mic propely, I just plug it to a channel and select ,, in 1 `` and then i can just use it propely, however i haven`t figured out how to make the mic work on discord or how to use it outside of FL studio, any help will be highly appreciated, if I can provide any additional information I`d be glad to. Also, I am new when it comes to configuring mics, etc so please try to use a vocabulary that I can understand.
If you are asking "how can I use the neewer without the UM2 then you can't, with an XLR-XLR cable. If the mic is the same as my BM-800 then it came with an XLR to mini stereo jack cable. I have used mine into an HP I3 W7 laptop with very acceptable results but you do have to optimize levels in Windows Sounds.

If you DON'T have that cable you are a bit stuffed because it is not wired as you would expect it to be and a stock adapter cable from say 'Zon. will not work.

Dave.

I just looked in discord. Click on the cog (User Settings) on the bottom left of main page. Then select Voice and Video. There at the top of the next page you can select the input device. I would assume it would let you select your UM2. I don't have an interface connected to my office computer so I can't verify that.
I can select my headphones that are connected to the UM2 just fine, but doesn't matter what I select in the input tab, no sound comes through

If you are asking "how can I use the neewer without the UM2 then you can't, with an XLR-XLR cable. If the mic is the same as my BM-800 then it came with an XLR to mini stereo jack cable. I have used mine into an HP I3 W7 laptop with very acceptable results but you do have to optimize levels in Windows Sounds.

If you DON'T have that cable you are a bit stuffed because it is not wired as you would expect it to be and a stock adapter cable from say 'Zon. will not work.

Dave.
I'm asking how to use the ASIO driver that I use it on FL Studio somewhere else outside of FL studio

I'm asking how to use the ASIO driver that I use it on FL Studio somewhere else outside of FL studio
I am NO expert on this but I have always thought ASIO drivers are 'linked' to a DAW? Not all DAWs can use them e.g. Audacity (ok, yes, I know strictly speaking it is an editor.)

Dave.

I am NO expert on this but I have always thought ASIO drivers are 'linked' to a DAW? Not all DAWs can use them e.g. Audacity (ok, yes, I know strictly speaking it is an editor.)

Dave.
I'm also not sure, but I have only gotten the mic to work through an DAW using the ASIO drivers, so I thought I just need to use the ASIO drivers outside of a DAW, but if this isn't possible there must be another way

If you make sure your systems sounds are set to your interface, you should be good to go with using the mike (and interface) outside of FL.

To sort out Discord, go to the settings (the cog down bottom eft near your name), scroll down and select "Voice and Video". Input and Output settings may be set to 'default'. If your system sounds use the interface, the default should be fine. Otherwise change it to your interface.

Back