Mic + Setup for youtube commentary's (Help Appreciated)

Makararla

Hello everyone,
First post here and would love some advice. I'm looking at starting some youtube commentary's and would like very high quality for my audio and video, I already have a good idea what I will do for the vid, so any advice on my audio would be much appreciated!

So first off, there is no real budget because I am unsure of everything I am going to need I'm guessing it wont just be a mic, also maybe a new sound card and just suggest anything that will make recording quality much better.

Also studio foam, am I going to need it the room I will be recording in does have some echo, is the foam going to help or how do I go about combating this?

Thanks in advance.

Youtube commentary doesn't have to be extensive or expensive. In all honesty, you can buy a really decent USB Condenser Mic and a pop filter. If you want more control, then you can get a cheap condenser mic (like a Samson C01) and a audio interface (like a fast track usb interface). As far as treating your room, you can isolate the mic within some sound absorbing material (roxul safe n' sound. you can buy it at home depot) for less than $50.00. There are plenty of tutorials online on how to build an mini isolation booth for a mic. Make sure to do a lot of research. But for what you want to do, it's not necessary to spend money where it's not needed. I did all of this and my commentary comes out fine.

Back