mic pre's with ADAT outs!!

Ostia Man

hi!
can anybody recomend a 8-chanel pre with ADAT outs?
something like the "PreSonus DigiMAX LT"
just to add more inputs to my digi 001

Thanx

I have and use a Focusrite octopre with the ADAT card which pipes it in to an MOTU 828 mk II. It is pretty sweet. The compressor / limiters are very twitchy and need a gentle hand to get right other than that it is sweet !

thanx, i think the m-audio would be the best because its made by the same people of pro tools, so that means compatibility.... right?
how about the sound?

Ostia Man said:
thanx, i think the m-audio would be the best because its made by the same people of pro tools, so that means compatibility.... right?
how about the sound?

Not made. you can run m-audio interfaces with pro tools m-powered only- along with any other softwares that accepts ASIO. pro tools is made by digi design.

studiomaster said:
Not made. you can run m-audio interfaces with pro tools m-powered only- along with any other softwares that accepts ASIO. pro tools is made by digi design.

yea, but the octane is a pre amp.

Ostia Man said:
how about the sound?

are you talking about preamps or interface? if you're talking about preamp, then compatibility with pro tools don't matter.

Damn, dont you guys read the question before answering? I mean It was clear to me what he asked :rolleyes: and yeah the Octane will work....

I woudl suggest looking into A/D conversion with ADAT support, that way you can mix and match whatever outboard you want. The Behringer AD8000 would do the hob here, and you could use any preamp you want.

Maybe a few more bucks up front, but worth it in my opinion for the flexibilty in choosing a preamp.

M-Audio Octane - THE mic pre's (8 of 'em!) with ADAT outs!!

studiomaster said:
M-audio octane

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Incredibly clean, tons of headroom, built-in MS encoder, light pipe out, mic/instrument inputs. I love mine.

Back