Mic OR Monitors! Please Read & Answer! Thanks!

Avc2014

Not sure if this is the right section to post this in.....but

Do you think I just buy another mic ( Blue Spark) or buy a pair of monitors because I don't have any right now.

I found someone selling a pair of yamaha hs50m's for $250 and the blue spark mic is $200 new. (Not from the same person)
Right now I have the blue yeti usb mic. I was thinking if I do get the blue spark I should keep my yeti that way if i want to record singing and guitar at the same time i can. or I can just place the one mic in between me and the guitar. also I don't think it would be worth selling the blue yeti because Retail price is $129 without warranty and with warranty its around $200 yet they are only selling on ebay for around $60-$100.
and I can't afford monitors and a mic right now!

Thanks for the advice in advance!

You will not be able to use the Blue Spark and Blue Yeti together.

You will need an interface with phantom power to use the Blue Spark.

You can find other comparable mics for a lot less, especially on eBay. TRY THIS (You'll need an interface for this also.)

What are you using for monitors now?

Read a lot and make informed decisions, especially when money is tight.

right now i just use headphones!

and can't decide if i should use my money on monitors or a new mic.
if i sell my blue yeti i really wouldn't get anything for it anyway. :/
but i kind of want a new mic but feel like i should get monitors ...haha see my dilemma
also the shock mount on the yeti is different then all other shock mounts because of the yeti's width and i don't want to buy it and only be able to use it on that mic when i will probably get a better mic in the future where as with the spark i can basically use any shock mount and it will work and just about any mic in the future

Well, you're still in a dilemma. If you get new monitors, you won't be able to use them with the yeti. If you get a new mic, you need to get an interface also and the yeti will become useless. Which isn't a bad thing, USB mics suck.

Instead of looking at a $200 mic, look for something much cheaper like I linked to in my first reply and get an interface to go with it. You can find something for about $150 that will work good for you. Get you away from USB mics and on your way to acquiring decent equipment. With an interface and a real mic, you can still use your headphones until you save up money for your monitors.

ok! what about the blue bluebird just wondering...i do have an mbox interface that I've had for a couple years.. would that work with the blue spark or bluebird..? jw. but ill take a look at your link
thanks

Back