Mic Or Interface

h i p h o p

Aight im gonna spend near 600 bucks, and i'm thinking, what would make more of a difference to where my quality would sound better....buying a sick interface, or buying a sick mic.

Bottom Line last line of defense......... the preamp..... why? cause it will get the best sound out of any mic that you use so if u got the money get the preamp. If you have a bad preamp then your mic may be great but you would never know it .......besides you can always get a great mic down the road theres plenty of inexpensive ones to choose from unlike preamps which typically you have to spend more. RNC makes a nice one clean nice sounding but check around Ebay has lots of good deals out there but dont get sucked in by focusrite stuff most of the low end stuff sucks in fact most of some of the more expensive stuff sucks :D

I disagree with the above. In either case your're just going to get a good section of the signal chain. Just like a metal chain, I've found that a signal chain will only be as strong as it's weakest link. If you've got a great pre with a crappy interface your pre won't be utilized to it's best potential. Neither will your mics.

By the way, double posting isn't exactly the best strategy. Check out your previous post for my opinion.

By the way, the RNC is a compressor made by FMR, and there's nothing wrong with Focusrite, if you knew anything about them you'd know they make some stellar pres (ISA, Red). And Ebay can be challenging for deals...I would recommend the used section here or at gearslutz first.

Jacob

Back