Mic Identification Help!

Sorry I can't be of help as to what mics are being used. But thanks for posting that link. I haven't listened to Damien in a while, and I had forgotten how amazing he is.

Looks an awful lot like an AKG C12.... but it could also be a knock-off (can't tell exactly because the resolution is so fuzzy...)

Well I don't know what mic that is in the video, but I did talk to him in person (after a concert) about how he gets that distorted sound on the vocals in some of his songs. He also uses the effect a lot live. Anyways, he takes an SM57 and duct tapes a toilet paper tube on the the end of it (making it somewhat uni-directional and giving it some other unusual sonic characters). He then runs it through an old Rat distortion pedal. I know that doesn't help you with your question, but I thought it was interesting and while on the subject of Damien Rice, why not...

BTW, he is one of my favorite artists.

It's nice to see there are others who love his music! Also good news for me, since my stuff is just like his :)

yeah, seems like a bunch of C12 and 414s. Too bad the sound and picture quality are terribly bad. AOL is useless, as always.

Back