Mic help for my home studio

PPKing

Hi all,

Have been building a home studio and I'm now onto the condenser microphones.

My gear I'll be using:

Taylor 414ce ltd
L.R Baggs Venue DI
Presonus Firestudio Mobile

I'm more of a finger pick style, although I do quite a lot of strumming too. Similar styles to Boyce Avenue and Tyler Ward. I was wondering what mics would people recommend that would compliment the equipment I'll be using it with? I've been looking at the AKG C214 or the Rode NT5's but was wondering what other good suggestions there are that I can compare and look into? £250 - £300 mark.

Thanks for any help

Paul

The NT5 is a good overall mic, it has a slightly agressive high-mid around 4-5K but can sound really good if you work around this!

The NT5 is a good overall mic, it has a slightly agressive high-mid around 4-5K but can sound really good if you work around this!

The NT5 is a good mic but be aware that it is a "hot" mic and has no pad. The NT55 on the other hand does and is a better sounding and a bit tamer and easier to use mic. More money though. You can't go wrong with a pair of Audio Technica 4041's. Honest and true sounding. They will give you exactly what you put into them with a nice touch of some air at the top and a firm full low-end. I own or have owned many SDC mics and for the money there isnt a better mic than than the 4041.

Back