mic for rap and more

koba

SM57 vs MXL V67g ?
( the MXL V67g sound a bit better for me )
also do i need any audio device ?
if yes wat the cheapest one with decnet quilaty (100 ~ range ? , 100 for mic and 100 for the other stuff , 200 in total )

The V67gwill need phantom power, but for the audio devices that your referring to? do you mean an AD/DA converter with mic preamp? For I'm assuming you would ask this if you only have a computer as you sit now, correct?

:cool:

The V67gwill need phantom power, but for the audio devices that your referring to? do you mean an AD/DA converter with mic preamp? For I'm assuming you would ask this if you only have a computer as you sit now, correct?

:cool:

yes i only have computer ...
some one pointed these site www.m-audio.com he said you need to buy something from there to have good quality .

so do i need to buy something for recording or is recording from pc decent quilaty ?

so do i need to buy something for recording or is recording from pc decent quilaty ?

The quality of the recording as far as the computer is concerned is made by an audio interface, other names you will hear are sound card, ADDA convertors etc. If your computer can play back audio i.e. wav files, MP3 files it has a sound card. However most stock computer cards are not good enough to record with. SO, you can get an external interface which hooks up via a USB or Firewire cable. If you get a PCI or PCI-e card you will have to open the computer and install it, and it will not have a preamp.(that would be extra) M-Audio is a good place to start, they have a variety of interfaces starting around 100bucks.

Welcome!

The quality of the recording as far as the computer is concerned is made by an audio interface, other names you will hear are sound card, ADDA convertors etc. If your computer can play back audio i.e. wav files, MP3 files it has a sound card. However most stock computer cards are not good enough to record with. SO, you can get an external interface which hooks up via a USB or Firewire cable. If you get a PCI or PCI-e card you will have to open the computer and install it, and it will not have a preamp.(that would be extra) M-Audio is a good place to start, they have a variety of interfaces starting around 100bucks.

Welcome!
thanks ,
emmm can you give me a file with standrt pci card vs audio-m interface ? i want to see the quilaty , how big of a diffrense is it ?
can i connect the mike in the pc with stander pci cheap card ?
if yes i think i will start with normal mic via pc and in afew months after upgrade if its not realy that important .
what do you think ?

Well you could plug an Sm57/58 directly into your pc. most PC's have an 1/8" mic input. So I think you could get an adapter to do that. However, I think the MXL is a better mic for recording, but you need phantom power for that mic, so on a budget the best thing is to get an external Audio interface that includes, phantom power, an XLR mic input and pre-amp. (most will also come with starter software) so your getting alot for your money. If you go PCI you will still need all that stuff, separetly. So I'd really suggest a USB external interface with the MXL. This will get you an entire entry set-up.

Good luck!

Well you could plug an Sm57/58 directly into your pc. most PC's have an 1/8" mic input. So I think you could get an adapter to do that. However, I think the MXL is a better mic for recording, but you need phantom power for that mic, so on a budget the best thing is to get an external Audio interface that includes, phantom power, an XLR mic input and pre-amp. (most will also come with starter software) so your getting alot for your money. If you go PCI you will still need all that stuff, separetly. So I'd really suggest a USB external interface with the MXL. This will get you an entire entry set-up.

Good luck!
yeah but i think i rather get sm57 even if its lower quilaty and save 100 bucks and if after a few months i see i get better i will invest more .

well can you link me to cheapest
USB Interface there is ?
is there something in 50$ - 100$ range ?

M-audio fast track. Just make sure it has phantom power. Add doesnt say.

Last question .
sm58 vs Shure SM7b .
is sm7b worth the more price ?
ive heard it got really good reviews , people saying its really good for rap

Back