mic for my midrange voice

I have to pile a big heap of thanks to all the people who have answered my thread. One of the things I love about this forum is how 'thought full' the responses are. Not only do I have several mic options to explore, but I have a lot of information to help focus and streamline the problem and the solution.

In the long run, I suspect an upgrade in preamps will make the most difference over-all. Actually, voice lessons most, then the pre, then the perfect mic for my voice. I'm working on the voice and I can't afford the pre's that I think I want, so my focus is the mic.

In a few months, I'll post a summary and the mic I pick with results. By then, I hope to have a good comparison mp3.

And Chessrock, again an apology. I intended to let you know that I thought you hit it dead on. Bull's-eye. Right now I play in a band with great instrumental power, but challenged vocals. I'm a good harmony vocalist, but have never been a strong lead vocalist. The problem is, I'm the stronger singer in this group. More and more I'm ending up with the lead because I can hit my notes. But when I hear these great instruments and my thin voice trying to sit center in the mix...well, I wouldn't listen to me sing for 60 minutes! Fixing it live is harder. Recording, well I can use the best technology I can afford to bolster. I'm looking for the wonder bra of vocal enhancement!

Again, thanks to all

Back