Mic for $200

Who gives a crap about noise specs? :D

I'm sure the nt1 has made some strides with it's redesign and all, but I still wouldn't trust it.

C1.

I say get 2 B-1's. I am so very impressed with mine. I just tried a 3 mic setup for drumset using two B-1's and a U87 in front by the kick that was great. I didn't really even need the U87 and could of just used a kick mic it was sooo good.

You'll like them and they'll be more versatile than the C-1 in the end. Spend the extra $60 on an AT Pro 25. Then you'll have a whole drum set covered.

Beezoboy

jmproductions said:
bpmmusic.com seems to carry the full line of Studio Projects mics at good prices.

I just got a Studio Projects B1 from BPMmusic.... $79 bucks and fast shipping....

:)

I have a SP B1 and I would be remiss if I didn't recomend it. It brings out the midrange character in my voice better than any of the other mics I have. So many of the recent "vocal" mics tend to scoop out the mids too much IMO. That sounds really good when you just listen to them by themselves, but when you add them to the mix you loose the character. The B1 doesn't do that IMO. If the B3 sounds just like the B1 in cardioid then I would get the B3 for the added features. You won't be dissappointed.

Blessings, Terry

Back