Mic clips!

Altyman

Hey guys!

I know this is probably the piece of equipment you care the least about, but anyways. :p

I need to buy mic clips and I hesitate to buy them off ebay. No matter how cheap they are, I don't want to get stuck with 10 mic clips that can't hold the microphone properly, or that break appart with the slightest shock. So, where do you get your mic clips from (appart from getting them with the mic, obviously)?

I also came across these:

2 SHOCKPROOF RUBBER DYNAMIC MICROPHONE CLIPS MY-325 - eBay (item 310299987255 end time Mar-01-11 16:10:09 PST)

What do you think about these? Sounds like another ebay rip off to me...

I have swapped all my clips over to the Rycote InVision series.

£30 each in the UK - indestructible, and securely hold the mic. and protect it from shocks.

The INV-7 will hold virtually all small diaphragm condensers and any mic. with a diameter between 19mm and 25mm.

There is a special version for tapered stage mics like the Shure SM58.

The shockmount is patented and is IMHO better than anything else at any price - despite being inexpensive and very affordable.

They work very well and the Rycote series are the only mic. holders I use now.

Oops! I forgot to mention that I was looking for clips to hold dynamics only and not necessarily shock absorbing. Has this feature proven any good?

Thanks everyone! Harvey's clips seem to be efficient and inexpensive, I'll check this out.

Those old butterfly clips!

Don't hold the mic. securely and break easily. :(

Probably. But I got it for the parts. The stand part for DIY shock mounts. The clip part to put on the clamping end of the pop filter. A bit more attractive than the $8.99 stereo bars next to it. Or the might not fit your mic clips next to that. Or the old stand by, duct tape. Many means to an end.

I guess I should add that I beefed up the butterfly part with some kitchen drawer foam stuff. That way it fits a gooseneck and grips. Since I'm using it on the pop filter part. Which came with a mic clip end and not the SDC type clip. And not much use for me that way. With the butterfly clip, just squeeze and go, clip on... clip off... Just like karate kid.

Oops! I forgot to mention that I was looking for clips to hold dynamics only and not necessarily shock absorbing. Has this feature proven any good?

In this case I would go for a K&M clip - see HERE.

Same as used by a lot of mic. manufacturers, but cheaper with the K&M badge.

Not expensive, extremely robust and holds the mic. securely.

cat.jpg

Back