Mic and amp question

dkimcohn

:confused: I'm trying to lookf for a thread that teaches you about mics but can't find one.

Trying to buy a mic to record some guitar sounds into pro tools.
What's a good mic?

The style I play guitar with is post rock, electronica, shoe gaze.

What kind of amp can I get to complement the whole sound.

Looking to spend $500 dollars

Thanks

dO

:confused: I'm trying to lookf for a thread that teaches you about mics but can't find one.

Trying to buy a mic to record some guitar sounds into pro tools.
What's a good mic?

The style I play guitar with is post rock, electronica, shoe gaze.

What kind of amp can I get to complement the whole sound.

Looking to spend $500 dollars

Thanks

dO

Need a lot more info than that. What kind of guitar, what amp and in what room? Need to know that stuff at least or you could literally use ANY mic. It definitely matters in terms of mic selection whether I'm recording an '85 Les Paul through a DeVille or a Telecaster through a Blues Jr., and that's only a couple of variables.

Frank

Need a lot more info than that. What kind of guitar, what amp and in what room? Need to know that stuff at least or you could literally use ANY mic. It definitely matters in terms of mic selection whether I'm recording an '85 Les Paul through a DeVille or a Telecaster through a Blues Jr., and that's only a couple of variables.

Frank

There are no magical combinations. You can ask 10 different top recording engineers and get 10 different answers. You should read those threads that dogbreath posted and then buy a book or three about recording.

Here's a good one to start with...
The Recording Engineer's Handbook

Back