metronome in cubase

buryher17

Hey guys, i've been recording with cubase for a long time now and never had any issues until recently but the metronome won't change higher orlower than 120 bpm. i can change it from 4/4 to 3/4 or whatever else i want but the bpm wont stay changed...

is there something i'm missing? maybe i accidentally did a preset now that unclicked something that allows the click to change?

thanks a lot for the help. this is really important

Greg

Hey guys, i've been recording with cubase for a long time now and never had any issues until recently but the metronome won't change higher orlower than 120 bpm. i can change it from 4/4 to 3/4 or whatever else i want but the bpm wont stay changed...

is there something i'm missing? maybe i accidentally did a preset now that unclicked something that allows the click to change?

Greg

In the transport window (PLAY; REC; FORWARD; etc..) theres an option next to the bpm meter that says Tempo and if its highlighted in blue it must say "Track" next to it, meaning it will follow the tempo track, this is if you want to program tempo changes during the song. So if you want to manually introduce the tempo and keep it fixed you must click on the "Tempo" button next to the BPM meter, it will now turn gray, and the "Track" indicator must now be displaying "Fixed", introduce the values of tempo and there you go.

Hope this helps

In the transport window (PLAY; REC; FORWARD; etc..) theres an option next to the bpm meter that says Tempo and if its highlighted in blue it must say "Track" next to it, meaning it will follow the tempo track, this is if you want to program tempo changes during the song. So if you want to manually introduce the tempo and keep it fixed you must click on the "Tempo" button next to the BPM meter, it will now turn gray, and the "Track" indicator must now be displaying "Fixed", introduce the values of tempo and there you go.

Hope this helps

+1
I'm surprised you hadn't ran into this before :eek:

Sorry, that may answer the original question, but your answer seems to sound like both options are what you use if you want to have different tempos inside the same song!

You say TRACK is what you want "you want to program tempo changes during the song" but then you say that you switch to FIXED and then "introduce the values of tempo", which implies more than one tempo.

Does that mean both can be used to have more than one temp in a song, but TRACK is used to change it manually as you go along and FIXED is used when you set up the changes in advance?

Or did you mean FIXED is when you want ONE tempo all the way through?

Sorry, that may answer the original question, but your answer seems to sound like both options are what you use if you want to have different tempos inside the same song!

You say TRACK is what you want "you want to program tempo changes during the song" but then you say that you switch to FIXED and then "introduce the values of tempo", which implies more than one tempo.

Does that mean both can be used to have more than one temp in a song, but TRACK is used to change it manually as you go along and FIXED is used when you set up the changes in advance?

The only way to make tempo changes is to use the tempo track.

Otherwise, you must choose one tempo and stick with the FIXED, unchanging tempo.

+1
I'm surprised you hadn't ran into this before :eek:

yea honestly i've been VERY lazy about doing a mteronome. I have a handheld one that i typicall use when playing and writting but honestly I always use the good ol' foot ha.

i'm giving no bands any choice from now on to whether or not they want to use a met haha the way i'm recording drums now requires it (triggering and such)

i appreciate all the help. +1 to all of you :D

Greg

Hey you can just go to Project on the top pull down menu then tempo track and edit it there. now how do you change to 3/4? I've been trying to figure that out for awhile? Can you take off the accent?

Exactly Fixed means One tempo during the entire duration, for example, if you have a song that in the verse is in 150 bpm's and you want it to be 180 on the chorus youll use the TRACK option, meaning youll open a tempo track and program the tempo change. But if your song uses the same tempo from start to end, you'll choose FIXED. Hopes this clears things up.

Cheers :)

Hey you can just go to Project on the top pull down menu then tempo track and edit it there. now how do you change to 3/4? I've been trying to figure that out for awhile? Can you take off the accent?

click where it says 4/4 in the transport window and type 3/4.

Back