Metallica - Nothing Else Matters

Elena

Hi everyone.

I found this great classical version of Metallica's song "Nothing Else Matters" and thought I'd try something a little different.

We had so much fun bringing the video camera into all my classes to get the footage for during the instrumental parts. Be sure to watch 'til the end to see a couple of bloopers.

Cool video. Maybe it's just me but it sounds like you're going flat a lot towards the ends of the phrases? That's not something I expected to hear from you as you are a pretty trained singer.

This is the peak of pretty metal - made and killed Metallica in my opinion.
Have a close listen as Ido1957's ears are good.
What your performance does need is a singer's perspective: are you angry or resigned? Your training may have influences the performance - the projected perspective, until the last phrase, is of disninterest in all but the process.

Cool video. Maybe it's just me but it sounds like you're going flat a lot towards the ends of the phrases? That's not something I expected to hear from you as you are a pretty trained singer.

Thanks Ido. I'm am a bit out of my comfort zone with this but had a lot of fun. It's strange that I went back and listened to the original WAV file and it sounded better. The YT version does sound a little off in some places. Maybe I should stick with Opera. LOL

~Elena~

This is the peak of pretty metal - made and killed Metallica in my opinion.
Have a close listen as Ido1957's ears are good.
What your performance does need is a singer's perspective: are you angry or resigned? Your training may have influences the performance - the projected perspective, until the last phrase, is of disninterest in all but the process.

I was going for introspective. Maybe I shouldn't have closed my eyes so much. Actually, thinking back, I didn't think I closed my eyes that much. We do about 6 takes of the whole song in the green screen room, some from close and some from farther away so we have enough footage to make the video. I think the editor put a lot of closed eyes in there.

I'm kinda going for the Sarah Brightman stage presence. Something like this.

Back