metall-ish hardcore punk

ragata

Got a mixing job for a local bands demo cd. It was all recorded with behringer preamps in a small studio by the band themselves. The room they recorded in was indeed treated, but is still quite rebellious in the bass/low mid section.
So I've made my reservations ;)

Anyway, I'd really like some feedback on the mix! It was quite a rushed job, as the band was in a hurry for a few days of touring and really wanted the recording to be done in time. I'd say I spent three, maybe four hours or so on these seven songs.

The band was real happy with this, but I'd really like to get some feedback from people who know what an equaliser is :)

Agreed about the tone, but the band is pretty good and mix sits well. Sounds like mostly resurrection work and you seem to have done well.

Ben

cheers guys!
Ressurection work, yeah that would pretty much be it. I'm not exactly crazed about the tone of the guitars (in particular) either, but they have still been HEAVILY processed. I'm talking reverb, several LAYERS of eq, compression, blabla. Makes 'em sound kind of artificial. Then again, I believe they used a samson mic on a crate blue voodoo stack so I'm hardly the one to blame :cool:
Again, thanks for the thumbs up!

Anyone else?

Hearing words like berhringer, crate, and samson i'm very impressed with how good this turned out.

its charming in its tone.. every thrash band has to start out with a cd that sounds way too fuzzy and trebley! they sound like they listen to a lot of from ashes rise..

Back