Metal/Rock Song

Farno

This is this songs third take! This is definitely way better than the first 2. Not really much EQ or anything. I basically just recorded it. As always, my bass seems to sound like crap, but I'm not sure.

Opinions?

This is this songs third take! This is definitely way better than the first 2. Not really much EQ or anything. I basically just recorded it. As always, my bass seems to sound like crap, but I'm not sure.

Opinions?

Sounds okay to me. Metal isn't really my cup of meat, but the mix doesn't sound bad to my ears. Do you plan to include vocals at some point?

I used to be into metal and hardcore stuff, and even for the genre the guitars sound a little too big. Vocals would really help.

Maybe I'll do a collab with someone on here for vocals. Not necessarily this song, but maybe a song a little better suited and less heavy.

Mix sounds OK, performance issues should be addressed though. Are these drums fake? I'm just listening on laptop speakers, but they somehow come off as fake, and yet off-time.

Unfortunately they are fake... they're EZ Drummer. That's another thing I'm looking into, how hard would it be for me to completely learn drums good enough to play along with this kind of music?

It's for sure a bad ass riff. I hope you decide to work it into a full song one day.

Thanks for posting.

Love that guitar sound, man. Huge guitars! There are timing issues all over the place that you'll have to work out. Drums sound okay for fake drums. If you ever work this into a real song, I'd consider drumming for it. Yeah, dude... Those guitars sound awesome. Keep it up!

Yep nice tones and good riffs. Pretty much the core of any metal tune. For some reason, after the rhythm of the opening riff I was expecting a different drum groove. I would have stayed in that opening groove a bit longer. Good sounds, I liked

What did you do to record those guitars?? and yeah you can tell by the kick that they are EZ Drummer. but i mean the only people who would know that are AE guys.

not bad in the way of the mix... not gonna be redundant and talk about the timing errors... mix good.... i looked into easy drummer a while back in an effort to find something better than flstudio... but, nahh. You might be better off building a custom drum sample kit and switching to fl studio..

as for drumming for this kinda stuff, it totally depends on your own intuition. if you don't play drums, have fun getting your coordination right for the first few months, then knock yourself out working on your timing... which may be helped with the aid of a metronome. but shit, how long did it take you to get good at the guitar ? well figure the same for anything else...blah. whats going on for your tone... maybe it is a bit over the top, but i do indeed dig it.

Dig it and feel the same as mentioned above rhythmically(sp). Don't be afraid to put some mids in the guitars for bite. The sound good, but I kept wanting to hear more presence, and let the bass carry the bottom load.

The guitar tone was done from a Line 6 75W amp. I'm surprised I got that with a POS digital amp. One thing is instead of a Shure 57, I'm using a Audix i5 which is similar to the shure but has a slightly different sound.

Timing is always a battle for me on guitar so drums might be a nightmare for me, but I'll look into it... there's a few things I want to change in the song like the riff after the first chorus so I think I'll do another take on it.

Back