Metal riff with growl

My suggestions:

Work on dialing in better guitar tone. It doesn't sound like your recording is the problem. I think the source sounds could be better. It can be a long and painful process, but compare your mixes to pro mixes that you like. Pay special attention to the guitar tones. Adjust your sound where you hear it to be different from what you want. That might sound simplistic, but I think it's the best way to get where you want to go. It can take a long time.

Depending on the equipment you have, you might want to upgrade a guitar/amp/etc. But this would be the last thing I'd try.

Either watch the timing of your guitar stabs or go for a simpler drum pattern. There are some rough spots in there related to tempo.

Um, okay. Was that a real song? It sounds like 3 different things happening at once and none of them jive. The drums seem like an afterthought and I'm not hearing a bass gtr. What kind of help are you looking for?

ye here's no bass guitar :) i need suggestions about tone of guitar and drums and vocals. should i compress more ar should i eq something ? where are my mistakes?

ye here's no bass guitar :) i need suggestions about tone of guitar and drums and vocals. should i compress more ar should i eq something ? where are my mistakes?

To get better tone on the guitar, compare your sound with the sound of professional mixes that you like. Listen back to back with a critical ear. What is different about their tone? What can you do to get closer to it? Change your guitar/amp settings and try again. Repeat for 3-4 years at least.

The mistakes are in the timing. It gets chaotic in places.

Just my recommendation, but I would not focus on compression and EQ right now. I'd working on getting better source sounds at the guitar/amp/modeler.

Thanks :) I've listend to Insomnium few albums and my sound and i miss some silkyness, warmth power of amp my sound is les interesting :) what do you think if i would try to make a few samples by changeing mic placement and amp eq and put them here could someone say some opinions?

Here's the big problem. NO BASS. Because monster guitars are always monster because of the bass. Once you take it out of the mix the guitars will sound weak as shit.

Yeah... Sounds very weak. Vocals aren't grunted very well. Drums are very low, guitars are too loud, and not fat enough. Get a bass in there, too.

Guitar - scratchy, boxy, midrangey. Not good for metal. They have no power. Get your tone right from the amp, then find the sweet spot with the mic.

Drums - truthfully, a disaster. I take great pride in trying to dissect and helpfully critique drum recording problems, and I don't even know where to begin with yours. They sound tiny and lifeless. How were they recorded?

Vocals - Growly vocals aint my thing, so no comment.

Compression and EQ will likely compund your problems. Get the source sounds better first.

Back