Metal Music Critique!!!

Anomaly Design

::I accidentally put this in the wrong forum... sorry!::

My 3 song demo is finally complete! I was hoping some of you would give it a listen and give me some critiques on the recording/mixing as well as performance. I do vocals and lead guitar.

This is my first production with decent equipment. I recorded everything separately with my DAW (Firepod->Comp with CEP2->Truth Monitors). Drums were recorded with 6 mics, each drum with its own plus 2 OH's, Guitars using my Randal Halfstack with the sm57, vocals with an sm58 (why they sound thin) and bass with an ampeg and B52 kick drum mic or something. All mics are Shure. I scavenged HR.com for all the techniques I used, if you like the sound of anything I'd be glad to elaborate. We do have a few issues with performances, for instance drums in two songs are a little off plus one of the solos but we had to rush cuz its back to school time! If you want the songs in better quality instead of myspace I'll try to get it on asap.

www.myspace.com/theanomalydesign

Wow, I just realized how shitty it sounds on myspace... I'll have to repost this in mp3 form or something... Any comments on the actual song writing or anthing for the meantime?

Back