Metal mixificationizer

Scorge

Hey folks,

Finally (almost) finished this metal mix I've been working on-and-off on since October. I've still got to time correct some parts, add in some more layers and spot effects and then finishing editing the music video for it... by the end of February :D

Anyway, here's the link to the mix, again any suggestions on the mix, performance, spot effects, layers or anything cool that you could envision bringing this song one step further would be freakin awesome.

Cheers,

Hey, don't knick Thanatos...I used Thanatogenous anyway (& a few snippets of him & Eros in the vid I put together with it).
Death & ecstacy, the little death, I died, ubiquitous isn't it!
Anyway, nice choice of theme & title...
I fess up - scream/lungcoughing vocals give me the giggles.
THe guitar came in either too heavily or not heavily enough in the intro. It didn't crush the keyboard nor did it blend with it so that didn't work for me.
Is there a pedal that makes that genre defined guitar sound?
The piano is a bit Mike Oldfield/Exorcist - is that deliberate given the theme?
The bass gets a bit lost on occasion.
the suren like keyboards could be louder or more ferral in the mix.
The manic laugh doesn't work - get someone scarier to laugh for you.
Good finish - overall nice & tight.

Hey, don't knick Thanatos...I used Thanatogenous anyway (& a few snippets of him & Eros in the vid I put together with it).
Death & ecstacy, the little death, I died, ubiquitous isn't it!
Anyway, nice choice of theme & title...
I fess up - scream/lungcoughing vocals give me the giggles.
THe guitar came in either too heavily or not heavily enough in the intro. It didn't crush the keyboard nor did it blend with it so that didn't work for me.
Is there a pedal that makes that genre defined guitar sound?
The piano is a bit Mike Oldfield/Exorcist - is that deliberate given the theme?
The bass gets a bit lost on occasion.
the suren like keyboards could be louder or more ferral in the mix.
The manic laugh doesn't work - get someone scarier to laugh for you.
Good finish - overall nice & tight.

haha, well the song was written by my Spanish friend so I have no idea what any of that title means :D

Okay
Any tips on how I could crush the keyboard with my guitar?
Nope, just a bunch of freeware :D
Again not my composition, but sure :p
Alright, I'll bring the volume back up again... or is there something else you would do to fix the disappearing bass?
Okay
Woops, I left that in there on render. It was an inside joke... my screamer did this wacky laugh after screwing up one of the takes and I put it in there for the lols.

Thanks for the tips Ray, I'll go back and refine er' some more!

Cheers

Back