metal idea..currently vocal-less. Any good?

bendbones

Hey everyone, happy new year! Have been recording a new metal idea having received a copy of ezdrummer from santa!

Been playing around with it and this is what I have:

Am quite pleased with it, just need to find a vocalist now... *any* feedback, constructive or otherwise would be a plus.

Tracked in logic pro, ni guitar rig 3 for amp simulation, ezdrummer drumkit from hell, whole thing run through Ozone Izotope plug

cheers,
ben.

Woah even on my cheapo speakers this is hitting me harder than a Kenworth at 90 with a load of tungsten on board. You've got a good bed here, nice job with GR3 and DFH. A good vocalist will provide the melodic counterpoint to the riffs, then maybe a little lead break to top it off. Good job so far

Hey, you use pretty much the exact setup that I use. I like the song. Sounds really quite cool. The drums sound really good. I might say that possibly the hi hat sounds a little too consistant, or maybe too clear. Might even just be hit too hard. Not quite sure what, but that is the only thing to me that could hint at sampled drums.

Let me know if you find a good singer. That for me is always the hardest part.

thanks!

I will play around with the hihat a little see if I can get it sounding a bit more 'realistic'...Yeah, finding a singer is always so hard...I used to know somebody in Canada who is absolutely fantastic, emailed him a couple of days ago, but not heard back from him yet

...So here's hoping...

Cheers,
Ben

Shit, what a killer guitar sound!:D:cool:
How did you get it???
Really like this, what I miss is a bit more deoth in the kick, but really, it doesn't take any thing away from a great song. Great recording overall, well done!

Love to hear vocals on this....

Joe :):)

cheers!

Hey, thanks man...the guitar I used is a godin lgxt (this truly is a beautiful guitar; you can actually feel the notes resonate through the whole thing - custom seymour duncan humbucker at the bridge)...For amps I actually di'd and used Native Instruments Guitar Rig 3 plug with the preset 'Ubersonic (HB Bridge')...This is probably the coolest plug I have; descriptions of some of the possible configurations can be found here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=rig3amps

For the bass guitar, I used a crappy fender quire pbass (bought it second hand for 90 quid around a year ago), also into guitar rig 3, using the 'Picked bass distorted' setting.

The synth sounds used the free boldt instrument AUs.

Drums - dfh ezdrummer.

cheers :-)
ben.

Very driving piece, Ben ... and those gits are dialed in LARGE ... which tends to bury the bass ... but as this is sort of a "unison" arrangement ... meaning everything blends and moves together as one, like a school of fish ... when they turn, they all turn together. :D

Anyways ... accordingly, hearing the bass as distinct isn't as important, and you mixed things nicely tightly together.

That hi hat is probably the weak link as of this point, but everything changes once vocals are added ... so you can deal with it later.

Good start ... and good luck w/ finding a vocalist. Selecting the right one w/ the right timbre is critical for this; and it's going to have to be a vocalist whose voice is as large and forceful as the presentation itself.

Kev-

Back