METAL - but what sub-genre?

David Katauskas

One of the things that I'm struggling with is the sub-genre of metal. I know where I want to go, but would like an unbiased opion.

1) I'm hoping my style is somewhat original, but please take a listen and let me know what band(s) this sounds like...even remotely.

2) Secondly, howz the mix?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

WEll, I very seldom catagorize music much more than saying it's hard rock, so I'll be no help there.

I like the mix...nice guitar tone, and it seems to mix well wiht the drums. Drums might be able to come up a few db, but don't push that too hard. And I like what's happening. Good song so far. I have some stuff from Amon Amarth that has some similar guitar tones, and their drums sit back a bit, so that is sort of what this would remind me of, sound wise.

Cool tune man...

I don't know enough about metal to tell you who it sounds like...They all sound like Metallica to me.
But this is cool. Tight, punchy and heavy. I'm not crazy about the snare, but the kik sounds good, as do the guitars and bass.

It sounds a little like Pantera to me, but I don't have a deep metal frame of reference. Without vocals, it's hard to make the most important distinction: that between "Cookie Monster" metal and "Non-Cookie Monster" metal. :rolleyes: :D

Thanks folks...I truly appreciate your input.

Yep, I'll punch the snare thru at different freqs to see what happens. That should also give the illusion of making it a bit louder.

"C" is for cookie... :D

Back