Mellow Song, Explosive Outro

o0Charlie0o

http://www.rheniummusic.com/untitled.html

I personally like the song, and so do many other people, but some people seem to have problems with how layed back it is. I thought it was a nice change for one song for me at least.

As far as the mix goes... I'm very pleased with it also. Some people may rag on the drums though, but i had to do them again and i'm no drummer ;)

What do all of you think?

WARNING: HONEST FEEDBACK AHEAD

Lol...Hey man. I don't have any problems with the style of the tune at all...I like the way it gets heavier at the end...and the guitars IN THE LAST PART sound great to me. I don't know anything about drums, so I won't even try to comment.

The things that stuck out at me were your vocal in the layed back part...you've got quite a few pitch issues that you don't seem to have when you're belting out. Like the first couple of lines are pretty shakey, then it gets better, I guess b/c you're singing out more...but the "WE DON'T CRY" lines need to be redone or tuned or something. Also, the vocal's not sitting right in the mix...It either needs to be louder, or have less verb, or both...b/c it's just kinda' washing out. Also, is that guitar on the right out of tune in some places?

Okay, was that shitty enough for you? Sorry...I'm positive this isn't what you wanted to see, but I think the tune has potential if you can iron out some vocal issues in the mellow part.

Good luck,
Chris

Also, is that guitar on the right out of tune in some places?

On the right? I don't know what you mean, but the guitar isn't out of tune anywhere.

o0Charlie0o said:
Also, is that guitar on the right out of tune in some places?

On the right? I don't know what you mean, but the guitar isn't out of tune anywhere.

Yes it is....just a little.

Especially when you try to do those little note bends with the clean guitar.

Btw the out of tune things you might be hearing when i bend the notes is because i am letting some strings ring and since i'm on a floyd rose bridge, those strings go out of tune as i bend another note

I thought it was panned to the right. I'm listening on nearfield monitors, and maybe my head's just closer to the right monitor. I dunno. The clean guitar in the first 3/4 of the song is the one I'm talking about...that's playing the high stuff. Sounds almost like a sitar (sp?)

I think 'some' of the tuning problems are because of the delay.. there's some 'serious' timing problems in this song, and the vocals are pretty out.. It's a good song that would probably need to be completely re-recorded.. HA!! :D the heavy part scared the crap out of me!! nice job! it's pretty distorted though..

shoot the drummer..

Well there is only one guitar in the whole song...

Played on an Ibanez RG470 with cleans through a Crate GFX-120 miced with a small diaphram condensor, and the dirty through a mesa triple rect miced with a 57.

But interesting...

I need to get some monitors

Please explain the timing issues as i recorded everything to a 100 bpm metronome.

I think you were the one to tell me that last time also, and I'm not understanding it.

I'm not annoyed or anything, just want to understand where you are coming from.

I'd prefer not to shoot my self as I'm just a temporary solution until my drummer comes back from a music school out of state

o0Charlie0o said:
Please explain the timing issues as i recorded everything to a 100 bpm metronome.

I think you were the one to tell me that last time also, and I'm not understanding it.

it sounds like the drums that have the timing issue......i would agree that there are some timing issues .........it sounds like some of the hits might be too early or something..........

Back