mellow rock song

I like it. Drums sound almost bandpassed, but somehow it sounds cool to me in this context. Nice arrangement too.
I don't like the telephone-like effect vocals, though, and the mix could have some more low end i guess (but maybe that's because the 2 mics you were using didn't have good bass response?)

yeah the drums didint have the lows so it might sound a bit thin. Thanks for the reply. I am glad you liked it :)

I thought the singer has a good voice.

There are some level balance issues. I thought the drums are a bit out front. Ditto for the acoustic guitar on the left. I thought the lead vocal was a bit too low in the mix.

I thought everything but the vocal had a "bad room" sound to it. Especially the drums. The intro had that "single mic recording" sound to it.

There seemed to be some "tempo struggle" issues in the intro. Sounded a little loose at times. The intro was a bit too long for me. Little pop at 1:34. A few others elsewhere. Some clacking going on around 2:04 and shortly again thereafter.

Yeah, strange mix to my ears, I'd suggest that maybe you work with a drummer that can play tighter and mic up a better kit sound. The song is pretty cool, I get what your going for, that's coming through. Some wild guitar playing that's cool. I think you could spend some more time on the vocals as well.

Back