meld mixes

Pony!

Is there a way to meld a file with the one below it on a track?

I have a guitar track and a dub. I feel if I melded the two some how (without having to put the dub in a separate track) it will have the bit of bleed from the vocalist singing and won't sound so out of place.

Is there a way to meld a file with the one below it on a track?

I have a guitar track and a dub. I feel if I melded the two some how (without having to put the dub in a separate track) it will have the bit of bleed from the vocalist singing and won't sound so out of place.

Just export them as one mixdown.
Make sure you select 32bit float and indicate to import mixdown in cubase again.

Cheers
wim

Thanks wim,

but if that's the case I might as well give it its own track and group them together or something.

That correct, but I you do a mixdown it is one nice track again and you can do things like warp or use hit points much easier.

Cheers

Wim

Eck

This is the internal bitrate in Cubase and most other Daw's. If you export as 24bit the file is converted to it and when you load it in Cubase again it is converted to 32 bit again.
Everytime a conversion take please quality is effected.
So it is better to export to the internal bit rate, because no conversion takes place.

Ofcourse for recording 24bit is good enough, but that takes place in your audio interface.

Cheers

Wim

Back